30 December 2011

Sistas

Yesterday, my friend Katherine came up to Marshall County from Auburn (where she's in vet school). She's staying with Erica for the weekend, so after I got off work we headed to The Rock House Eatery for dinner and to catch up.

I only took two pictures of the evening. The one above doesn't do justice to the meal we had last night. It was delicious! We got a bottle of Le Drunk Rooster Chardonnay (yes, we chose that selection of wine purely for its name!) and split it three ways. I had the Pasta Susanna which is fettucini noodles, sundried tomatoes, and scallions in a warm creamy wine sauce. It was perfection. Seriously. After catching up at dinner, we headed to Guntersville's new ice cream shoppe, Clevenger's Creamery. It was divine. The Clevenger's make all the ice cream themselves! My vanilla bean was surely the best I've ever had.

After our tummies were stuffed we headed back to Erica's. I unfortunately had to come to work this morning, so I didn't get to sleepover. In true sleepover fashion though, Kat decided to try a fishtail braid on my hair. We were all pleased with the results. I mean, it was her very first try. Awesome, right?!

Last night was a GREAT night! I am really looking forward to hanging with Jake and Anna tonight (they live in Georgia), and then the whole crew at the Roeder's for New Years Eve!

Jacob's birthday is New Years Day...so I am sure posting will be quite scarce this weekend!

Happy New Year!!

1 comment: