06 April 2010

Sleeping to dream...

Okay, so I’m going to go ahead and admit it…I HAVE A SLEEPING PROBLEM. Don’t know why that’s been hard for me to get thru my head, but after last night, I believe it. It looks like sleeping pills (just over the counter, of course!) and lavender filled baths are in my immediate future.



Let me lay it down for you,


When I was a little girl, I slept walk. I’m talking would wake up in my closet, the bathtub, kitchen; ya know, all the NOT normal sleeping places. I even woke up one morning when I was 10 with a pair of pantyhose on and nothing else! Tell me that isn’t strange? As of late, I’ve discovered from my mother that I used to talk, sing, and yell in my sleep on a daily, well nightly I suppose, basis. Don’t get me wrong. I had friends who told me that they woke up to me talking. I even went to the beach with the fam one time , and my uncle informed me that I sat straight up in bed and began to speak. He said I was talking so fast that he couldn’t understand a word.


Apparently, I’ve been doing a lot of this sleep talking/screaming lately. It seems as though every time I go stay with Jacob in Auburn, I eventually wake him up yelling about things he can’t understand. It doesn’t stop there though. I mean, if it did, it would be as easy a thing to ignore as snoring, right? Well, I also, on numerous occasions, have called or sent Jacob a text message in the wee hours of the morning tell him things like ‘We need to go upstairs!’ Mind you, I’m in Guntersville and Jacob’s in Auburn. How in my brain would this even be possible? Bless his heart, he just puts up with it.


So, these things may seem like trivial things to most people, but I have these horrible dreams too. Most of them I can’t remember the next morning, but true to form, they’ll wake me up at 4 in the morning. I’ll be so frantic about what happened that I can’t get back to sleep. Before I know it, my alarm’s going off and I’ll have to live thru the day with only 5 hours of sleep.


Hopefully lavender and sleeping aids will help. If not, it’s off to the doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment