19 May 2010

Gran

This photo was from 4th of July last year (what do ya make of the blonde hair?!).

So, I just spent the evening with my Gran. We'll call it a date night :) She's always ready to stay up late, gossip, fix a snack (I always chose apple slices or popcorn with seasoned salt!!), take a shopping trip, discuss what books we've read recently, or go thru old pictures or things that belonged to my Aunt Denise or grandfather (both passed away before I was even a twinkle in anyone's eye).

Tonight, Gran was engrossed in the Braves game. They were playing the Cubs, and even though the Braves were up by 4, Gran needed to stay glued to her room so we could at least HEAR the game. Bless her. haha We gossiped, read the latest Gleam and a recipe magazine she gets. She even offered me some dressing she had just made (never fear...ham was available as well, Gran just didn't offer THAT because she knows I won't come anywhere near the stuff!!). All in all it was a GREAT evening. We eventually started going thru some of my Granny's old jewelry. After finding my Granny's old 'princess ring' and realizing it fit, I decided I'd take a gander at Denise's old jewelry too. We found Denise's 'princess ring.' It was just a smaller version of Granny's.
Sadly, it wouldn't hardly fit any of my fingers :( It's nice to have a new, truly vintage, piece of jewelry with meaning to sport around now though.
All in all, it was a FANTASTIC evening. I love hanging with Gran. She's absolutely amazing. Did I mention earlier that she's the woman who ran over her own leg and lived to talk about it? Yep, that's my Gran!! haha She's always been there and I love her more than you could possibly dream up!! 

1 comment: