08 June 2010

Six blessed months...

Okay, so I've been really REALLY behind on blogging. My most sincere apologies, blog world. You see, I started teaching swimming lessons last week. You know what that means? That means I have to get up at 5:45 in the AM to get ready for work. I work for the city from 7 until 3:30. I then teach swimming lessons from 4 until 7 pm. Now, I absolutely LOVE teaching swimming lessons. (I swam competitively for 10 years.) This new time schedule is still killing me though. I thank the good Lord every day that it stays daylight until 8 at night, so I don't feel as though I've worked my entire day away!

I still haven't gotten around to telling you all how the 6 month anniversary day went with Jacob.

IT WAS SPECTACULAR!!!

Seriously. haha Jacob is absolutely wonderful! And in the six months we've been together, he's gotten to know me well enough to know exactly what will make me happy and keep me entertained. And lately, those have seemed to be the same things that make his heart smile as well. To me, that's a sure sign of a keeper :)



We started off the day with a short hour and a half drive to Chattanooga. (Isn't he handsome?!)

Once we got into Chattanooga, we had some lunch and then headed downtown to the aquarium. I hadn't been to the aquarium in almost 12 years, and Jacob let me act like a little kid. :) He didn't act embarrassed even once! I took at least 400 photos of all the animals. I could have stood at those glass windows and stared for hours and hours. Here are a couple of my favorite shots:



After we left the aquarium, we went to a matinee showing of Robin Hood. It was absolutely spectacular!! I loved every second of it. My favorite kinds of movies are historic ones. Period pieces just get me really excited. When the movie was over, we walked across the street to Big River Grille and Brewery. Jacob tried their Summer Wheat home brewed beer (and loved it!), and then we dined on a mushroom and pepperoni pizza and enchiladas with black beans and rice! It was YUMMY!

We drove back to Guntersville and ended the night with a Memorial Day party with some friends.

That's Caitlin, Merica, Linds, and Me

All in all, it was the best six month celebration I've ever had!! I got to be with the man I love, enjoying a fun day trip and activities, and then I got to hang with my bests!!

No comments:

Post a Comment