27 February 2012

It's the Weekend


Jacob and I at the Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, and Lauren Aliana concert

 Our view


Well, it was the weekend. I guess you could say it's technically  over now. It was such a great weekend though. Here's the rundown:

Thursday- Thursday evening was spent at the Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, and Lauren Alaina concert. Before the party started, we went to eat at Po' Boys in Five Points. I have one word...delish! I had fried shrimp and it was incredible fresh. Not to mention, when I walked into the restaurant, I immediately felt like I was in New Orleans. Awesome dining experience. The concert was QUITE the PARTY. I mean, it was AWESOME! :) Luke Bryan shook it and Jason Aldean got down! They were joined on stage at one point by Randy Owens and they sang a couple of Alabama songs. That was my favorite part of the whole show.

Friday- Friday was just a normal work day for me. I spent that evening with Jamie. We had dinner at a new Mexican restaurant and got caught up on each other. I spent the rest of the night doing laundry and just hanging out.

Saturday- I spent Saturday day with my brother catching up on American Idol. Hello, Phil Phillips!! Come to MAMA!! (Yes, I've admitted my crush to Jacob. He's okay with it!) Saturday evening Jacob and I went to see Act of Valor. I would suggest that everyone go see it when they get a chance. It was touching and such a great film! We had some Mellow Mushroom after the movie and then came home to catch up on some television from the week (The River, The New Girl, Raising Hope, and gLee).

Sunday- Sunday morning Jacob and I got up and went to church, and then had lunch with Granny and Dumpy at Nothin' But Noodles. After church, we headed home just to chill out. I read and did some pinning while Jacob played Borderlands with his buds. I also may or may not have snuck in a teensy tiny nap. It was glorious!! After a couple of episodes of Sons of Anarchy, I headed home to paint the fingernails and watch the Oscars. WAR EAGLE, OCTAVIA SPENCER!! She totally deserved winning, and I LOVED how she gave a War Eagle on the red carpet.

Overall, it was a stupendous weekend. Hope the next one is just as wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment