07 December 2010

So, we're having our church Christmas party this Saturday night at 6pm. Everyone's been asked to bring a $10 gift for Dirty Santa and a finger food. I want to make a cheese ball. Specifically because I love cheese balls, and people ALWAYS make them covered with nuts. I am allergic to nuts, so this presents a problem for me. I think I've found a recipe I'm going to use, but I also stumbled upon this one that looks delicious and adorable!

Ingredients


• 1/4 cup wasabi-coated green peas


• 1/4 cup granola


• 1/4 cup ground gingersnaps (about 5 cookies)


• 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan


• 1/2 teaspoon whole fennel seeds


• 2 11-ounce logs goat cheese


Directions


1. Grind the peas in a food processor or crush them in a resealable plastic bag. Spread the crumbs on a plate. Repeat these steps for the granola, then the gingersnaps. Combine the Parmesan and fennel on another plate.


2. Shape the cheese into balls, working with about 1 rounded tablespoon at a time. Roll the balls in the coatings.



No comments:

Post a Comment