07 June 2011

New Tastes

I have found that my taste buds have been more adventurous as of late. Is that just a part of growing up? Who knows! I get pretty excited about trying new foods now, where as in the past, I was SUPER picky. (Jacob still thinks I'm pretty picky now just because I won't eat mayonnaise or anything on a bone. I digress.) Last night, Gran came home from Sam's with a jar of pickled okra (or okry as she likes to refer to it! :) Precious, right?). She asked if I wanted to eat some with her, and I decided, 'Hey! Why not? The worst that can happen is that I have to spit it out.' Well, I absolutely LOVED it!! I can't wait to get home tonight and have some after it's been refrigerated.  And guess what? Just like pickles, pickled okra is suuuuuper low in fat. Score!!



If you've never had pickled okra, I definitely suggest that you take the plunge and try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment