30 June 2011

Okay. So I'm going to the BEACH this afternoon!!!

That's right. You heard me correctly! I'm headed to Fort Walton around 4:00pm this afternoon. Seeing as I haven't been to the beach in, let's see....ummm....about 3 years, I'm ecstatic! I absolutely cannot wait to get up early in the morning, hit the beach, then the waves, then go for a walk or two...you know the drill. Ahh...and then the afternoon naps that will go down! So stoked!!

The reason behind the beach trip is Aimee's Bachelorette Party. We're going to dedicate Saturday night to celebrating her upcoming marraige to Tyler. I'm sure there'll be lots of giggling and good seafood! :)

If I wasn't at work right now, I'd make one of these salads for our lunch each day on the trip:


Sauteed Corn and Black Bean Salad


Sautee kernels from 3 ears of corn in 2 T of butter until they start to brown slightly in spots. Remove from heat and toss with:


A can of drained black beans
1 sliced avocado
2 T chopped green onions
Juice of two limes and
A handful of roughly chopped cilantro


Serve chilled

No comments:

Post a Comment