13 June 2011

Well, guess what?

I had another SPECTACULAR weekend!! This summer is proving to be one of the best ones yet!! And trust me, I wasn't so sure in the beginning that this summer would hold as much joy as it has. Ya know, when you've been invited to 13 weddings in one summer, your brain tends to want to explode! But, never fear!! This summer, even with all the weddings, showers, and specific plans made for me every weekend, has been absolutely ballin' so far.

Friday after work I went to visit with Catherine and Lane. He is one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen! Even though he cried for the better part of the time I was there, I really enjoyed getting to spend time with him and Cat. Catherine is one of my very best friends. She's a year older than me, and she's always been like a big sister. She's been there thru all of my major milestones, and I've been there with her thru all of her major ones too (i.e. her wedding, birth of her firstborn, etc.). It was great getting to see them.

After I left Cat's, I went to dinner at Tin Top (chicken and Jo's...so delicious!) with Mom, Dad, Delana, and Greg. We saw a few people we know, and after having looooong discussions with them and each other, we piled back into Greg's truck to go riding. You have to understand, when there's nothing else going on, our family likes to get in the car and ride. We are people watchers, AND we love driving around looking at people's houses. Ya know, just figuring out where people live, seeing who's made aesthetic changes, etc. (Thank you, small town living!) When we got home, I messed around on the computer and settled in for a loooooong night of sleep. :)

Saturday morning, I woke up and immediately put on my swimsuit, walked next door to Delana and Greg's and layed out. After spraying myself down with sunscreen, I got my float in the pool and grabbed my latest read (Matters of the Heart). It was a very relaxing 4 hours. After fixing myself some lunch, I got ready for the evening's festivities: Megan and Greg's wedding. Ben, Hannah, and Jacob met me at my Gran's, then we headed to Kudzu Cove for the big event! The wedding was outdoors and very pretty. Megan looked absolutely gorgeous! It was fun for Jacob because he got to have an impromptu mini reunion with a lot of people from high school. After getting hot and sweaty dancing at the reception, we decided to call it a night.

Sunday morning, Jacob and I went to church, and then had Taziki's. If you've never been to a Taziki's before, I suggest that you find the nearest one and make it happen!! One thing I love about Jacob is that he has a very adventurous palette. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Greek food. Jacob, that handsome man, also loves it too. (As a matter of fact, we dream of honeymooning in Greece!) After  a delicious lunch, I dropped Jacob off so he could head to work, and I ran to Target to pick up a few supplies for the week. When I got home, I gave myself a mani/pedi and then had dinner with the fam at Gran's. Sunday evening was spent catching up on the last four episodes of Gossip Girl. I want Chuck and Blair to be together SOOOO badly!! I already can't wait until next season!!

Here's to hoping this weekend will be as great as the last!!

No comments:

Post a Comment