06 June 2011

Weekend Update

This weekend was JUST what I wanted out of a fun but relaxing weekend. I had something planned for just about every single second, and I still managed to get in some 'me' time. And that's important, right? I believe we'd all agree.

So without further ado...my weekend,


Friday after work, I got to come home for a few hours and just relax. *If I tell you something you must promise not to make fun of me and to only laugh at me this one time. Mmmk? I am an avid The Sims 3 fan. I've been playing The Sims since I was 12. Something about it just interests me. I love designing homes and creating families. Well, I just bought an expansion pack, The Sims 3 Generations, on Thursday. Enough nerdiness now.* So, I played around with my new expansion pack for The Sims 3 and really just vegged out. Jacob came around 7 to pick me up, and we went to Lowe's to get a gift card, then continued on to his parents house in Albertville. We dropped off a gift for Haley's (Jacob's little step sister) graduation and visited with his parents for a little while. I love getting to catch up with them, especially because they're leaving at the end of the summer and moving to Nottingham, England. After a little chit-chat and catch up, we met Ben (Jacob's best friend) and his wife, Hannah, for dinner at Los Arcos. It was a great meal that turned into 2 hours of us catching up and laughing over TONS of chips and salsa. It was incredible. I slept well that night, and that doesn't happen too often for me.

Saturday morning, I woke up bright and early to get ready for a baby shower. My oldest cousin, Derek, and his wife, Sumer, are having a baby in August. I'm very excited about meeting Rylan Michael, my new cousin! Sumer got a lot of great things at the shower. My favorite gift of the morning had to have been the one from my Uncle Stinson and his girlfriend, Molley. They got little Rylan wakeboarding shorts, clothes, and other paraphanelia. I didn't know they made wakeboarding gear for babies. Well, they do! And it's absolutely precious.

After the baby shower, I came back home to eat lunch and veg out a little more. I played, you guessed it, The Sims 3 again. *It's a great game. You should seriously try it out!* Jacob picked me up at 2:30, and we headed to the Roeder's house to hang with a few people before the couples shower for Jake (Jacob's other best friend) and his soon to be adorable wife, Anna Arp. Well, when we got out of the car at the Roeder's, I heard a LOUD HISSING noise coming from my tire. Low and behold, there was a HUGE bolt stuck in my tire. Jacob went directly into 'man mode' and drove my car 5 minutes down the road so that his brother-in-law could help him change my tire. While they were out working in the garage, I visited with Jacob's sister, Ashley, and his neice, Corbyn. Corbyn is absolutely adorable. I can't spend enough time with her...seriously!! And she looks JUST like her Uncle Jacob :) It's a great glimpse at what my kids will probably look like. After the tire was changed and Jacob was cleaned up, we headed back to the shower to hang with Roeder, KK, Hannah, Ben, Cooley, and Jake..just sipping on margaritas and catching up. When the rest of the shower guests arrived, we ate, Jake and Anna opened presents, and we all got to hang out and catch up. You have to understand that this group of boys have been friends since they were little. I feel pretty dang special and priviledged to be a part of it all.

Sunday, I went to a tea for Aimee and Tyler. I swear, she had a million gifts. Okay...maybe not a million...but quite a few. It just really showed me how blessed we all are with a wonderful support group of family and friends. It also showed me how different we all are, and yet we all manage to get along. The group just works, and that makes me proud. :) After the tea on Sunday, I had dinner with the fam and we all just hung out. Then my parents and I went to check on the progress of our house. We now have a new roof, walls, and sheetrock!! :) It's the most exciting thing!! I feel like we may be in our house sooner rather than later now. Score!!! Right?

This next weekend, we are going to Megan and Greg's wedding, so I am already expecting the weekend to be just as GREAT as this weekend was.

No comments:

Post a Comment