17 October 2011

The Weekend

This weekend was incredible. And nothing extra special happened to make it that way. Because of Jacob's work schedule as of late, we really only get to see each other on the weekends. So, we do it BIG. And by BIG I obviously mean that I stay at his grandparents' house for the weekend in order to spend every waking moment with my boo. :) Barf yet? haha

Friday, I drove straight up to Huntsville after work. Granny greeted me at the door and announced that we had plans for dinner. (Please note: I love it when someone other than myself plans the evening.) Granny, Dumpy, Jacob, and I headed over to Nothin' But Noodles for dinner. Jacob always gives me a hard time because I never try anything new. When you love the three cheese macaroni with wheat penne pasta, you love it. Sorry, boo. haha I always love eating with Granny and Dumpy because, like Jacob, they always try something new. And they're never too shy to share!! After dinner, Jacob and I went out and grabbed THOR from the Redbox and returned a couple of his overused video games. (No worries. He preordered FOUR new games while we were there. Spoiled boy.)

Saturday morning, we slept late. Oh, and it was GLORIOUS. I've really gotten into sleeping lately. haha I know that sounds ridiculous, but I used to be an early to rise person on every day of the week. Now, I wanna soak up the comfy sheets for as long as I possibly can. Maybe I'm just avoiding the hair dryer. Who knows? Jacob and I fixed each other sandwiches and snuggled on the couch for the better part of Saturday. Wilson and Cooley came up for the Auburn vs. Florida game. We ordered pizza and celebrated a WIN. Afterwards, we took an impromptu trip bowling. Let me tell you, bowling until 1 in the am will kill your hip. Seriously. Mine's still sore!!

Sunday was a glorious morning. Mark's message was exactly what I needed to hear. He talked about what to do when you have a bad day. The main point was that we all have GOOD NEWS (which is the gospel), and that should trump all negativities in our daily lives. Read 1 Peter 3:18. That's the good news in one single verse. This message was completely encouraging. God is good! After church, Jacob and I headed for a quick lunch at Panera, and then headed back home for a nap. After napping (for 2 1/2 hours!!) we lounged around, snacked on left over pizza, and settled in for the season premiere of The Walking Dead. It didn't disappoint. Such a great weekend!! How was yours?

1 comment:

  1. I just looked up that verse to refresh myself on it, and I love it! such a clear beuatiful picture of what Jesus did. Sounds like you had an awesome week!
    great post!

    kaithuber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete