12 March 2010

March showers bring....???

You know what? I’m thankful for the rain. Seriously, I am. I know I’ve complained about it continually this week. And don’t get me wrong, I absolutely HATE that I haven’t been able to get out and walk for (today included) three days. I do see the rain as a good thing though. For many many reasons…

1. I see Christ in the rain. His never ending supply of rain (as it has seemed as of late) always reminds me that He is righteous and just to forgive me of my sins. I’m a girl who has known Christ since I was six. I’m talking…known Him personally. And ever since that time, I’ve still been a sinner. With my new life in Christ though, I’m renewed by God’s love and mercy every single day. The rain is so metaphoric for Christ’s action of washing away my sins. This is the number one reason I love the rain.
2. I live beside a wooded creek and across from the lake. Imagine walking out of my house during the morning. Now, imagine walking out of my house during the morning right after it’s rained. Everything’s still wet and really really green. Yep, that’s a pretty picture.
3. They always say April showers bring May flowers. So, does that mean that March showers bring Spring/Summer like weather? Because I’m beginning to really enjoy this change in temperature. Whether it’s raining or not, there’s no mistaking the excitement everyone’s catching because it’s mid 60s outside. For example, Brooke, Noah and I drove home from skits last night (this is around 8:30pm mind you) with the windows rolled down singing at the top of our lungs. And let me tell you this, it was comfortable!
4. Lastly, even though the rain keeps me from walking, it’s encouraged me to do other things to try and shape up. Case in point: HUGE exercise ball upon which I sit and do at least 100 sit-ups a day. Oh, and I’ve been working on my arms too : ) Just you wait! I’m gonna be in shape before we know it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment