12 March 2010

This weekend is gonna be one of renewal and cleansing for me. I’ve recently decided that I spend way too much money too frivolously. To start a new and keep from spending even more money, I cancelled a shopping trip with the bests for tonight. I mean, let’s face it. I’m practically broke anyways. I’ve got a lot on my plate financially right now. It just isn’t reasonable for me to spend my Friday night buying even more clothes to add to the growing collection that’s weighting my closet racks down (seriously, they’re sagging in the middle. Sad, right?).

So, you may wonder, ‘Did MCAnnaD just ditch Linds and Merica for the evening?’ Well, of course not! We’ve decided to have a complete girls’ night. It all kicks off at 6 tonight. We’re doing dinner at the Sicilian in Arab and following up with a gabfest at Linds’s. We’ll probably even end up breaking out the fingernail polish and giving ourselves pedicures (hint hint).

My ‘To Do’ list for the weekend is incredible. Don’t believe me? Just take a look here:

1. I’ve got to secure two dresses (preferably cocktail-esque) for a wedding Jacob and I have got to go to in Athens, Georgia next weekend. Girls’ night is going to carry over at Linds’s house after dinner. I’m bringing all the dress choices I already have, and I’m going to try on all of Linds’s dresses from her years as an ADPi. It’ll be like a mini runway show for Linds, Merica, and Lele. I’m overly confident in the fact that we’ll find two perfect dresses!
2. Clean out the closet…and when I say clean out, I mean take everything out, purge all the things I haven’t worn in a year or that are too small, and completely reorganize the set up of the closet.
3. I’m also going to clean out my jewelry box. The thing is stuff so full of necklaces on the side that the doors won’t close. Mom and I are gonna paint fashionable wall hooks to stick to the side of my bookshelf to hang the overflow necklaces on. In true MCAnnaD fashion, I’m gonna give the jewelry the same work over the closet got.
4. My chest of drawers and nightstand drawers also have to be cleaned out and organized.
5. I have to send Facebook messages to Jeselyn and Dee. Also, I’ve got to get a thread going for the people who are helping me with Cassie’s bridal shower. It’s only three weeks away!
6. I’ve got a lot of new tunes I wanna get downloaded. Gotta live in music this weekend!! It’s a great accessory for cleaning : )
7. Linds and I have a hair appointment date for 9 in the a.m. tomorrow.
8. Take dress back to the Belk Hudsons
9. Re-work my budget completely!! (This means less shopping, unfortunately : ( Hopefully this whole cleaning out the closet/jewelry box thing will help me to get a new outlook on how to fashion all my old clothes!!)
10. And, as is always needed, I’ve got to walk, walk, walk!! And not forget about the arms and sit-ups!!
11. Take two exams

See? MCAnnaD’s got a lot on her plate this weekend. Hopefully I can get it all done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment